The future of millions of girls and women is at risk
Girls and women worldwide have a fundamental right to decide freely and for themselves whether, when and how many children they have and SheDecides is the global movement dedicated to ensuring this right. But we can’t do it alone. We need political and financial support to ensure girls and women will be able to access the full range of essential sexual and reproductive health care services. Now these services are under attack. Earlier this year, the United States President issued the Global Gag Rule, also known as the reinstatement of the Mexico City Policy. Banning US foreign aid for organisations that provide access to, and information about, safe abortion – even if organisations do this using their own, non-US funds.
We need your support, today.
Many people and organisations worldwide are already supporting SheDecides – but we need your help, too. Girls and women will not stop having abortions. That’s why it’s crucial they are not exposed to unsafe abortions, which can cause irreparable damage and death. Take a stand and donate right now!
You can also make a wire transfer. For contributions in Euros, use NL53 ABNA 0586 6666 64. If you’d like to make a donation in USD, please use NL98 ABNA 0594 5454 55. The SWIFT code/IBC for both accounts is ABNANL2A.
SheDecides raises money and support to organisations that do not sign the Global Gag Rule so that they can:
- Keep health clinics open in communities
- Provide a full range of sexual and reproductive health services to people who need it
- Advocate for law and policy reforms
All funds will be distributed to organisations affected by the Global Gag Rule. These will need to meet our criteria in order qualify for funding from SheDecides:
- The organisation is affected by the Global Gag Rule
- In addition to safe abortion services, the organisation will also provide access to contraceptives.
- The size of received donations through SheDecides will not exceed the amount of funding withheld from the organisation by the Global Gag Rule
- The prospects of the organisation, after receiving funding from SheDecides, will be progressive and prosperous.
The private fundraising accounts of SheDecides are managed by Rutgers, an internationally operating NGO on sexual and reproductive health and rights, based in the Netherlands. Rutgers has the ANBI status issued by the Internal Revenue Service and holds certificates by the Central Bureau of Fundraising (CBF) and the International Organisation for Standardization (ISO). All funds will fully and directly be channeled to the affected organisations. These organisations will deliver certified audit reports to account for their expenses. The reports will be published on this website annually. For more information on SheDecides, please go to: shedecides.com.